Thursday, September 25, 2008

Willie The Kid Speaks On Absolute Greatness



A week, maybe two weeks ago, me and the homie R.E. got invited to the Aphilliates office to take a listen to Willie the Kid's new mixtape Absolute Greatness. It was pretty dope. All of the production was top notch and he didn't waste words, which is all I ask of rappers nowadays. I asked Willie some questions about the mixtape and the songs which I will be posting over the next couple of days leading up to its Septemeber 30th release date, here is the first vid breaking down exactly what this project is going to be and do.

Oh yeah, here is the first single off the mixtape "For the Love of Money" featuring Trey Songz, Gucci Mane, La the Darkman, Yung Joc and Bun B. I mean, this song is cool...



Trey getting his Bone Thugs on and the video reminds you of "Dead Presidents" and Bun didn't sound to excited. I myself ain't really into the "money, money, money" songs but I know there are people who are. And shied, if you've been watching the news and hell, just living in this country for the last few years, money is still the shit to talk about.

I guess the dope thing about this song is that Willie didn't let himself get bodied on his own track even though Gucci Mane did his thing on there. Speaking of Gucci, dude couldn't pick a worst time to get jammed up. I swear like two new Gucci songs/videos come out a day now with a mixtape dropping every week and a half. Damn dude...

Anyways, Willie the Kid is a dope MC who takes his craft seriously, you gotta respect that. Keep checking back to hear a couple more songs off the project.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah that joint is FYA right there... I'm at that when it drops.. or when you start leaking the downloads.. whichever come first..

Anonymous said...

I really like Willie the Kid but this single aint it to me. I've heard him spit some incredible shit on mixtapes before but this song reeks of a DJ Khaled knock off. The beat is so-so and the features didn't bring anything amazing to the record.