Friday, September 18, 2009

RARE VIDEO: THE 411 WITH GOODIE MOB (1995)



The homie Senor Kaos just dropped this off in my inbox earlier today and has been on my ass about posting it since (sorry, I wasn't by a computer). But man, this is classic. Its footage of Goodie Mob speaking to students at Woodlard Middle School back in 1995 on a show called The 411. The show used to take rappers around to the youth and have them talk about their life's journey and leave a positive impression on them at the same time.

This video is really touching, for real. Seeing the way these kids reacted when they saw Goodie Mob (some rappers who were actually talking about something) speaks volumes. This was at a time when cats didn't take their popularity for granted and really wanted to leave something for the kids to think about. But yeah, I don't want to get on a soapbox. Instead I'd just like for you to check this video out. Parts 2-4 are after the jump. See ya'll on Saturday.




No comments: