Friday, August 6, 2010

Groove Chambers-"In the Bag"




Groove Chambers-"In The Bag"

If you don't know the name Groove Chambers, this is the perfect time to educate yourself. Groove is the man that produced the bulk of Nappy Roots' debut album Watermelon, Chicken and Grits (including the hit "Awnaw" and the jams "Set It Out," "Ballin On A Budget" and "Headz Up" and it was his idea to put Anthony Hamilton on "Po'Folks") and he's also the man responsible for Lil Mama's "Lip Gloss."

Outside of that, he hasn't done much as a producer...because he's been hoarding all of his beats for himself and the debut album he's been working on for years. After meeting the cat a couple times I finally got a chance to really chop it up with him last night. In that time he played what will be the first single from his debut album. I don't know if it was the studio speakers or what, but when I heard this joint blast out, I wanted to jump out of my chair. But instead, my cool ass just nodded real hard and waved my arms a little.

But yeah, "In The Bag" is a dope ass song song with, favorite parts and stuff (I know that sounds corny, but you get what I'm saying). It just gave me one of those...feelings. You know how back in the day you'd be listening to the radio at night when they'd play all the new music and something would come out and you'd be like "I don't know what this is, but I like it and this is gonna be a hit." That's how I feel about this song.

Greg Street and Green Lantern have been playing it on V103 here and there, so its on its way. The song probably isn't going to blow up until later on, but I just wanted to give ya'll a head start on it.

1 comment:

khal said...

good to see this blasting off. i got the leak and loved it - was surprised that so many other heads dug it, too.